Live in Wonder: A manifesto
What’s behind the name Wonder Yoga?
“Live in wonder” has become a kind of mantra for me.
I have been pondering the word “WONDER” and why I chose this name for my brand and business. As much as I love the superhero Wonder Woman as an embodiment of female strength, fearlessness and skilfulness, this is not where the name stemmed from.
The word “wonderful” is an adjective that I like to use in abundance (although to excess perhaps?). The noun form of wonder is, in itself, a beautiful way to
Equally, the verb form of wonder – the action of wonder – has an exquisite meaning. It describes a mindful and inquisitive attitude or outlook towards an experience or object.
My intention is to not only bring this approach to my yoga teaching and practice but to also see how it can transpire in all areas of life for a greater sense of purpose.
To Live in Wonder is to…
Explore this existence with a spirited curiosity
Observe with kind eyes and listen with attentiveness
Cherish every cell of this being and marvel at these abilities
Value our differences and laugh at our sameness
Love both tenderly and fiercely
Seek an easeful way of life with a sense of wonder.
verb (used without object)
1. to think or speculate curiously.
2. to be filled with admiration, amazement, or awe; marvel.
3. to doubt.
verb (used with object)
4. to speculate curiously or be curious about; be curious to know.
5. to feel wonder at.
6. something strange and surprising; a cause of surprise, astonishment, or admiration.
7. the emotion excited by what is strange and surprising; a feeling of surprised or puzzled interest, or puzzled interest, sometimes tinged with admiration.
8. miraculous deed or event; remarkable phenomenon.